Monday, December 2, 2013

Weekly Reflection 12/2/13

          This week everyone will participate in another peer review; this time on our World Text Essays relating Lost in Translation to one of the related readings. I am honestly having a hard time with the essay because I never really enjoyed Lost in Translation. This is the second time I'm watching this movie and I think the reason is because I just didn't want to see Bob and Charlotte be miserable when they had so much. Honestly, first world problems anyone? <_<;; Oh boohoo, I went to a great college but now I'm bored in Japan...oh boohoo I'm an actor that still books commercials! Okay I might be too harsh, but really?! Anyways, I think the movie didn't do as good of a job depicting the dark urban space that Tokyo, Japan has. I didn't really come away from the film having really learned anything about Japan. I only learned about how it was to be a foreigner in a different country.

No comments:

Post a Comment