Monday, September 23, 2013

Weekly Reflection 9/23/13

          This week's class began our journey into the world of poetry, a place I don't think we go to often enough in K-12 classrooms. I wasn't exposed to much poetry until my third year of college when I took a poetry course as part of my major. Though I did have a middle school teacher who was passionate about Robert Frost, I don't think children these days get enough poetry in their school experience. I personally love reading poetry out loud and find it fascinating how so much could be conveyed in so few words. To this day, I love Robert Frost, especially "Mending Wall," which I think I am going to focus on for my essay. I also enjoy Frost's shorter poems "Fire and Ice" and "Nothing Gold Can Stay." I credit my sixth grade English teacher for my everlasting love of Robert Frost. A little crazy and a little drunk he may have been, his taste in poetry was exquisite. Thanks Mr. Leon!


No comments:

Post a Comment